Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Swinging on a Grape Vine

If you are looking for a fun wine with an artistic label, try Gala Rouge's Pinot Noir. I admit, it was the fifth bottle opened tonight at a dinner party. But I've had it before. I was first attracted to it at a wine expo at Mohegan Sun. At a wine expo you are thinking, or at least I was, "Oooooh , lots of free wine!" What caught my eye for Gala Rouge was the postcard they were giving away with a copy of their label art. It is a Moulin-rouge-style dancer flying gloriously on a swing. You look at it and think, "I want to be that carefree. I want to be on a swing. I NEED that wine!"

How much of wine sales are attributed to label design? Even with my VERY limited knowledge of wines, a good label will get me to try something new.

But can you trust a cute label? Are looks everything? In this case, yes. Easy-drinking, smooth, Gala Rouge (rhyme totally intended).

I'm sorry this is a short post, it was a fun dinner party, but Gala Rouge's Pinot Noir goes for around $9.99 and is definitely worth a try. If you don't like it, peel off the label and stick it on your wall.

No comments: