Saturday, October 27, 2007

As easy as riding a bike

So I will introduce this fabulous blog with my newest favorite wine. Those of you who've seen Sideways may have heard of the finicky, but well-worth-it grape - Pinot Noir. Famous for its participation in the wine known as Burgundy in France, it has also found a loving home in Oregon. But enough history, I love Pinot Noir. Black cherry, lighter than Cab, lush, yummy! And my newest favorite is a French Pinot Noir (imported by California?) called Red Bicyclette, or as we crass Americans would say - Red Bike. The bottle reads "Delicate black cherry and rich plum, with subtle notes of cinnamon, wonderfully balanced and easy to enjoy, as easy as riding a bike." And it is easy, or it will make you easy after drinking a whole bottle, which I would never ever do, never.But aside from the fact that I managed to get a 2 for $16 deal, this wine is scrumptious. The perfect introduction to those of you girly white drinkers looking for the perfect "gateway" red. Enjoy!


No comments: